10 Classwork Points (Lab Plan)
Today students will plan their lab for monkey bread and get ready for lab. Students will copy down the monkey bread lab recipe. Mrs. Hill will demonstrate how to make monkey bread and students will complete a lab plan during the demonstration which will be worth 10 points.
1 can of refrigerator biscuits
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
½ stick butter
¼ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Use a pizza cutter to cut biscuits into quarters.
3. Mix sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
4. Coat biscuit pieces in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
5. Grease a round cake pan liberally and drop biscuit pieces into plan, layering them (do not press).
6. Melt butter over LOW heat and add brown sugar. Stir until just bubbly...not too long or it will burn!
7. Pour brown sugar mixture over biscuits
8. Cook in 350 oven for 10-12 minutes.
Here is an example of how to make monkey bread from scratch, without the biscuit dough... a fun thing to try some weekend. If time allows videos may be shown during class today.
Monkey Bread from Scratch: